Want to know how to load your diet with protein, fiber and minerals without a gluten overload?
I have the answer for you. It is pronounced keen-wa. In this little, gluten free, seed you’ll find twice the fiber than in any other grain. Quinoa has some major health benefits, including metabolic health and weight loss benefits, making it a super food among health junkies. Not only is it healthy and trendy, but it is also easy to incorporate into your diet.
Below is my favorite quinoa recipe. Try it!
Quinoa stuffed zucchini
1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed
4 medium zucchini
1 15-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup almonds, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 cup grated Parmesan
4 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine quinoa and one cup of water and boil until tender
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out all the seeds and place in baking pan
- Combine quinoa (rinsed), beans, tomatoes, almonds, garlic, ½ cup of cheese and 2 tablespoons of oil
- Stuff the zucchini’s with mixture, top with remaining oil and cheese, cover with foil and bake until tender (25-30min)
Featured Image by: Lablascovefmenu